Except as otherwise discussed in this Policy, this document only addresses the collection, use, and disclosure of information that we collect from you on this site. Other sites that are not owned or controlled by us may have their own privacy policies that apply to those sites. We encourage you to ask questions, to review the privacy policies of other sites, and to be very cautious before you disclose your personally identifiable information to other sites.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What information do we collect from you?We collect information via the website that falls into one of two categories: personally identifiable information and aggregated information. Personally identifiable information is information that is actually used to identify you. We collect personally identifiable information whenever you voluntarily submit it to the website, including your name and e-mail (collectively, "personally identifiable information"). We require the submission of certain personally identifiable information for you to use certain features of the site. For example, if you request investor information, complete an application for employment through the site, or sign up to receive electronic notifications.
Aggregated information is information that is not directly tied to a specific user, such as the number of people who visit the website from various states. We collect and store statistics and other information about the online activities of our visitors on an aggregated (i.e., collective) basis. For example, we track the number of people who view each page, the order in which pages are viewed, and other information to learn which features are the most popular. Aggregated information also includes information that indirectly (i.e., combined with information collected about you off the website) could be used to identify you, but in practice is not.
2. How do we use of your personal information?When you send us an e-mail, we will retain the content of the e-mail, your e-mail address, and our response in order to handle any follow-up questions you may have. We also use this information to measure how effectively we address your concerns.
We retain your information name, and possibly other personal information, such as mailing address, or e-mail address when appropriate. We use the information in connection with providing requested services and as permitted by law. If we or a trusted third party use the information to contact you regarding products or services, you will always have the opportunity to opt out of receiving that kind of communication in the future.
3. How do we use aggregate Information?We may store information that we collect through log files to create a profile of our users. Log files record internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track a customer's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Information recorded in log files is not linked to personally identifiable information. A profile is stored information detailing how individual customers use the site. It is used solely for internal purposes, to help us improve the experience of our customers. We do not share your profile with any third parties.
4. Do we comply with COPPA?GPRE complies with the requirements of the Childrens' Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the FTC's Rule interpreting COPPA (16 CFR § 512). This site is not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age through this site.
5. Are disclosures made when required by applicable law?We will disclose personal information when required by law, or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on us, (b) protect and defend our rights, or (c) protect the rights, property, and other interests of our users or others.
6. Could personal information be transferred in connection with a reorganization or other similar business transition?In the event GPRE goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets, our customers' personal information may be part of the assets transferred.
8. Is this website secure?We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect your information. However, given the nature of the Internet and the fact that network security measures are not infallible, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
9. Can I correct, update, delete or deactivating personal information?If your personally identifiable information changes, you may contact us to correct, update or delete and deactivate our record of your personally identifiable information.